It looks like at about 6pm on 12th July 2016, our external IP address changed at Norchard (so much for “BT Business – Static IP”) but for some reason our dynamic DNS didn’t catch up.
So the asterisk has been effectively offline since then. Service was restored at around 4pm on 14th July when I noticed it was down!
My phones are still offline (including his C*Net and SipGate numbers) due to some technical glitches at home, but that’s unrelated!
It seems that the status page stopped working back in December. I’ve fixed it, and the graphs are working again now.
I managed to get to site yesterday with Peter, and the asterisk is now back on line and working again.
The fault turned out to be with the BT router at Norchard (again!)
This time it was a new failure mode I haven’t seen before. It had the port forwarding rules configured, but for some reason had decided it didn’t want to actually use them any more.
I took the port forwarding off and put it back again and everything sprung back to life.
I’ve managed to fix the settings for the VoIP provider we’re using, to allow inward system access from the PSTN.
So now, if you phone the (secret) magic phone number, it will now actually recognise the PIN when you enter it and let you in.